Caden has been coughing and congested the last couple of days, so I took him to the doctor. We found out that he has RSV. It makes it difficult to breathe, and it can last for up to 3 weeks. We have to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours for the 1st 24 hours and as needed after that. (So much for sleeping tonight!) He had a breathing treatment at the doctor's office. I had to hold a mask over his face, and he screamed the whole time. The machine they gave me for at home has this nifty pacifier
attachment which is so much better. He was falling asleep instead of screaming. At least it won't be torture for the next 24 hours. I guess that it is really
contagious, so he has to stay away from other kids for a week. Hopefully there won't be any long term effects because it can cause wheezing and asthma later on. Poor little guy. It breaks my heart!
1 comment:
AWFUL!! Nolan is sick right now and it's making me crazy worrying about him!
Post a Comment