
So we switched our
SRP over to the time of use plan a couple of weeks ago, and we are supposed to cut back on our electricity usage from 1 pm to 8 pm during the summer. That means no laundry, no dishwasher, higher temp on the ac (We keep it at 8o degrees during off peak hours and 82 degrees during on peak hours. Except when we
precool to 76 degrees from 11 am to 1 pm, so that the ac won't have to come on for a while after 1 pm. 11 am to 1 pm is my favorite part of the day, and I try to always be home then! :)), and no cooking with the oven. Due to not being able to use the oven we have been cooking on the grill a lot. (I use the term "we" loosely because really Matt does all of the cooking on the grill. I offered to do it, so that dinner can be ready when he gets home from work, but I was informed that it is the man's job.) I have to admit that I have been
thoroughly impressed with Matt's grilling skills. We have gotten a little creative, and everything has turned out really good. Tonight we cooked crescent rolls on the grill (as pictured above.) We have also cooked egg rolls, french fries, and garlic bread. So, I have been wondering for the last couple of weeks if it is really worth all of the trouble. Well, the answer is yes! We just got our 1st bill, and it was $100 cheaper then last year and $50 cheaper then last month. Keep in mind that we've only been on the time of use plan for 2 weeks, so those savings may be doubled next month. I never thought that I would say this, but I am excited to get the next bill so I can see how much we've saved!
1 comment:
You are your father's daughter!
Post a Comment