11 years ago
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Yummy Lunches
Caden doesn't really eat veggies unless they are mixed in with something that has a sauce, so he's not eating hardly any these days. I've been having a hard time trying to come up with some healthy lunches for him that are easy to make. He likes those Gerber meals in the cup, but really how good can it be when it doesn't even have to be refrigerated? So, those Gerber meals inspired me to make my own meals. I use to make his baby food, so this is pretty much the same thing. Today I made a chicken potato chowder with veggies and cheese and creamed peas with chicken and brown rice. I separated them into these little bowls and stuck them in the freezer, so I just have to heat them up in the microwave. I am excited about these, and I hope that he likes them! I was going to make spaghetti with meat sauce and whole wheat pasta too, but I ran out of time. The electricity switched over to peak time, and I didn't want to be doing extra cooking during the expensive time. :) I guess that I will tackle the spaghetti tomorrow. What veggies do you think would taste good in spaghetti? Hmmm I am thinking corn . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you gooooooooo girl! you need the deceptively delicious cookbook :) amazing!
but seriously, what a good mommy you are!
Post a Comment