Friday, January 7, 2011

18 Months Old!

Caden had his 18 month check up this week.  He is 26.6 pounds (65%), 34.25 in (90%), and his head is 19.75 inches (95%).  He got to stand on the regular scale with his clothes on like a big boy.  Caden has 12 teeth now including 4 molars.  He's learned what the cat says and he can point out his nose, his feet, his bum, and sometimes his eyes.  Usually when I ask him where his eyes are he pokes me in the eye because I guess that he doesn't want to poke his own.  He loves balls, and he likes to play catch.  He can actually catch the ball too!  He is starting to learn how to say so many new words now.  He says outside (he says this all day long because he loves to go outside!), ball, car, papa (my dad), right there, who's that?, cow, cat, Duke, shoes, poo poo, cheese, and I'm sure that are a few more that I am forgetting.  He loves to look at pictures and he says "who's that?".  It's really cute.  He also likes to bring me his picture books and wants me to tell him what everything is.  Caden loves my dad.  He always points at his picture and says "papa" or points at the door and says "papa" which I think means that he wants to go over to his house.  Whenever we go over to my parents house he gets excited and starts saying papa as soon as he realizes where we are at.  It's really sweet.  Caden likes to drive me crazy by taking everything out of the drawers in my house.  The kitchen drawers, the nightstands, the drawers in the bathroom.  I really need to find some sort of child lock for those.  He can't even see what's in them, but he blindly feels around until he grabs something.  Then he likes to show me what he has and run away as fast as he can.  He also likes to turn the water on in my bathtub, and the other day he got in and then turned it on while he was fully clothed.  He is very busy all of the time, but he's really sweet and fun too!

2 comments:

k and j said...

time for nursery hoooray! he is darling.

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big!!! I love this age, it's so cute!