On Thanksgiving morning Matt went to play football and Caden and I went to CVS to score some early Black Friday deals. They had this cute cardboard rocket to keep Caden occupied while I waited in line. Caden loved it!
For dinner we got to eat at Grandma Shobe's house (this picture was in grandma's backyard.) and also at Matt's sister Janeille's house. We try to pace ourselves and not eat very much at either place, but we are usually stuffed. We are really blessed to have so much family here to be able to celebrate the holidays with! I don't really like to write mushy things on here, but seeing how it was Thanksgiving I feel like I should name a few of the things that I am thankful for here. First is Matt because he is the most amazing, wonderful, nicest husband ever! Everyday I am so grateful for him, and everything that he does. Next is Caden. It was such a struggle for us to have him, and I am so grateful that he is here. I will admit that he has been very ornery and challenging lately, but really sweet some times too. At night I like to lay with him for a few minutes and rub his back before he goes to sleep. We talk about stuff that he did that day. It's always a good way to end the day. I have so many things to be grateful for!
We decided to end the day with some crazy Black Friday shopping! It may sound weird but I love the Black Friday shopping and all of the craziness that goes with. It is amusing to watch all of the frantic hoards of people, and I usually can get some good deals too. I think that you just have to go with the right attitude, and enjoy the atmosphere without really counting on anything. So first we hit up Target because there were a few small things that I wanted to get there. It wasn't really anything that I was overly concerned about though. Target opened at 9pm and we got there at 9:15. (By we I mean Matt and I. Caden was home asleep and Matt's mom was watching him.) Target was a complete madhouse. The line to get in was still wrapped around the building. When we went last year the whole line was already inside by 9:15, so I guess that there were a ton more people this year. When we finally got inside it was pretty much impossible to walk down the aisles because they were crammed with so many people. I'm pretty sure that this must've been a violation of the fire code. Anyways I was surprised to find that they were out of the couple of small things that I wanted except for a pair of pjs for Caden. We were walking past the empty tv section when suddenly a worker came out with another pallet of 32" tvs that were $147. I knew that my parents were wanting one, so we grabbed one to check with them. It was a good thing that we did because they were all gone in like a minute. I'm pretty sure that the people who waited in line for hours would've been really mad about this! After paying for stuff we headed to Sports Authority. We got there about 10:15, but they didn't open until midnight. The first 80 people in line got a free gift card that could be anything from $10 to $500. When we got there we were about 40 people in, so we were feeling good about that. Matt's gift card ended up being $25 and mine was $10. We were just glad that we didn't both get $10! We ended up getting a 6 person tent, an air mattress, and Matt got a really nice basketball for 50% off. After that we just headed home. It was the perfect way to kick off the Christmas season!
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment