Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Science and Art Class

We signed Caden up for a science and art class through the Town of Gilbert Parks and Rec just because we are trying to stay busy this summer and not be bored.  I was also worried that he would miss school a lot because he loved going so much.  So far we've only been to 2 classes but it has been fun and very messy.  (I wasn't really prepared for the messiness the first week, but I came prepared this week!)
 
The first week they painted using fruit and vegetables.  They painted with watermelon, corn, and lemon.  They also painted with kool aid. 

They also made "ice cream" by mixing cornstarch and conditioner. 
 
I didn't take any more pictures this week, but they did a little science experiment by mixing water and oil and then adding other ingredients such as salt, sugar, and artificial sweetener to see what would happen.  They also made gak by mixing glue with liquid starch, and then they got to play with it and color on it to make it different colors.  It has been really fun for Caden!

No comments: