Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day

 
On Labor Day we drove up to Payson with all of Matt's family.  Our intent was to go to Fossil Springs, but by the time we got there it was already at capacity.  We just ended up going to the East Verde River.  We had a picnic, and did some swimming.  I was a little skeptical because the water looked muddy, but it was actually pretty fun.
We did some "cliff" jumping.  I use the term cliff fairly loosely.  Caden was actually not scared of the jumping in, but he did not want to go in the muddy water.  He is a crazy kid!  I will also brag that I was the only woman there to swim over and go cliff jumping. 

 We also found a rope swing when we hiked down the river a little ways.  The boys all loved this, and we were even impressed when Matt's dad did the rope swing. 
 

Austin on the rope swing
 
Caden and Cannon playing in the water.  The water was freezing by the way!

No comments: