Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Duke

Our Duke passed away yesterday at 12 years old.  He was my first baby, and  I am so heartbroken by this.  3 weeks ago I took him to the vet because he was having trouble breathing, and the vet thought that he had asthma or bronchitis.  He said that there was also a small chance that it was lung cancer.  He was put on several medications,but nothing was helping to improve it.  The vet said that it was most likely cancer, and that there wasn't anything else that we could do.  I felt like he was suffering, and I know that we made the right decision.  It was such a hard decision to make.  He will be greatly missed at our house.  Duke was the sweetest kitty.  At night he liked to go "hunting" in his toys, and he would always proudly bring me his "kill."  He would get jealous if I was rubbing Matt's back, and he would always have to come and lay in the middle of us.  He loved the Christmas tree, and he would spend hours sleeping underneath of it.  He would always come when I called him.  Maybe this sounds silly, but I hope that I will see him again someday.




No comments: