Monday, March 2, 2009

Finally . . . A Work in Progress!

Now that we've finally found out that we are having a boy we've been able to start working on the nursery! Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not very patient and I love decorating, so it seems like I've been waiting forever to do the nursery. I am so excited to finally be working on it! (Really I haven't done a lot of work yet. It's mostly Matt!)


Our friend Brigham came over and he and Matt put up wainscoating. It looks so awesome! Brigham is quite the talented guy. We still have some painting to do, but it will look great when it's all done. We are painting the wainscoating white and the top will be a really light blue. As soon as the painting is done, Matt can put together the baby furniture. Yeah!! It's been sitting in boxes since November when we got it on sale the day after Thanksgiving. (See I told you that I'm not very patient.)
Here is the bedding that I've picked out. I have to say that it wasn't my first choice, but lately I haven't been able to pass up a great deal. I found this set at Ross for $30, and I saw the exact same one at Babies R' Us for $170. That makes it look really cute doesn't it? Actually it's not bad, and I am going to add some blue accents so that it won't be so much brown.

Today I decorated the letters for Caden's name to hang on the wall. I am going to hang them with white ribbon from a curtain rod that is the same dark color as the baby furniture over the crib. Yep were commited now. His name is going to be Caden.

7 comments:

Andrew and Heidi said...

Yay! Nursery's are so fun! I'm glad you decided on Caden! And the bedding is super cute!

Mike said...

Caden is a neat name. The wall looks really good.

Sarah and Trent said...

Ahhh super cute!! I like the brown too~ I have some cute little monkey things to accent with brown and green. Your letters look awesome! Don't drink toooo much Dr. P!! :)

Janelle said...

I love the name Caden! Yo u are inspiring me to decorate! I am so excited for you :)

Jana said...

I love the bedding & the name Caden. I taught the cutest little boy in preschool in Flagstaff years & years ago who's name was Caden. I always liked it but it didn't fly with Glen. Very cute... you're so prepared!

The Johnson Family said...

I love the name Caden. And you have great taste. I love the brown bedding set. How perfect that if you have a girl next you could just swap out the blue for pink. Super great buy!

Sarah and Trent said...

do you have this website Cindy?
http://www.slavetosave.blogspot.com/
it made me think of you... thanks for the good tips!
Check out my sis-in-law's blog this week too for more free diaper tips. www.thetulanes.blogspot.com