Well it started out on a high note as you can see from all of the stickers on Monday and Tuesday. Monday was really good with no accidents, but I had to keep making him go to the bathroom all day. He would never tell me that he had to go, and it was pretty stressful. Tuesday was pretty good too, but then it got to be a fight to make him go to the bathroom. He didn't want to go, and it honestly wasn't worth it to me to fight about it every hour.
Over the weekend we ended up buying this humongous box of diapers from Costco, so I guess that you can say that potty training is on hold for a little while. We are encouraging him to use the potty if he wants to, but not really forcing the issue. I figure that he will eventually be ready. Hopefully sooner rather then later, but this works okay for us for now. On a high note Caden thought that the diaper box worked really well as a drum, so we got a free toy. :) He actually loves watching the show Little Einsteins which is a cartoon that teaches about music and art. Maybe they are trying to make little kids more cultured, and Caden is always " making music" (as he calls it) and turning things into instruments.

1 comment:
We started potty training Addie right when she turned 2 and she resisted. She cried when we made her sit on the toilet and just wasn't into it. I decided she just wasn't ready and I stopped. She could use the toilet if she wanted to but I didn't prompt her. One day in July she said she wanted to wear big girl panties. She hasn't had an accident since that day! I really think waiting until they are ready (within reason, of course) is the best way. I am sure he will be ready soon!
Post a Comment