Friday, May 4, 2012

Potty Training

So I guess we decided that we are going to start potty training Caden.  To be perfectly honest I have been dreading this day, but I'm pretty sure that Caden is ready.  I just hope that it isn't as bad as everyone says that it's going to be!  

 This morning I decided that I would take Caden down to Target to pick out some underwear that he likes so that he will be excited to wear them.  As a side note we do already have some underwear, and he usually wears them for an hour or so in the evening which really has not been too challenging.  We just set the timer and take him to the bathroom every 20 minutes.  Anyways back to my story.  When I told Caden that we were going to the store and he could pick out whichever underwear that he likes he told me "No!  I wear diapers!"  I have to admit that I was a little surprised at that because he usually likes wearing underwear, so I said  "It'll be fun, You can get whichever ones you want."  To which he replied, "I told you no!" (I guess that maybe I say that to him sometimes.)  We headed to Target anyways, but really I was thinking Yes! He isn't ready!  Maybe I can just buy another pack of diapers and put this off a little longer! As soon as we got to the underwear section he was really excited to look at all of them.  He picked the Toy Story ones and he told me that he wanted to pay. (It makes me happy that he knows that you don't just take things from the store!)  After we paid he insisted on carrying the bag too. 

When we got home Caden insisted that he wanted to wear the new underwear right away.  Unfortunately it was nap time, and I'm not up for no diaper while sleeping just yet.  After a bit of a battle he went to sleep with the promise that he could wear them as soon as he got up, and I had to open the package so he could look at them before he went to sleep.  As soon as he woke up Caden came out of his room carrying the underwear because he was ready to wear them.  This was only a couple of hours ago, and he is already wearing a different pair of underwear (yes an accident.) I wonder how long this is going to take . . .

No comments: