Thursday, February 7, 2013

Disneyland!

 We bought the 4 day park hopper to Disneyland and California Adventure, so we spent 2 days at each park. We actually ended up doing a package deal through Disney.  It eneded up being cheaper and came with some free perks such as free breakfast, parking, and a free magic morning (get in an hour early one day.)  We got up really early on Sunday morning (4:30 am!), and drove up there.  Caden didn't sleep good because he was super excited and then he got car sick on the way there, so the first day at Disneyland ended up being a little rough.  Caden was also really scared to go on EVERYTHING!  I mean getting him on every single ride was a fight.  It got a little better eventually, but I don't think that he liked it as much as we were hoping.
 In front of Cinderella's Castle.  Caden was super excited about seeing the castle!
 

He was also excited about riding on the Mark Twain sail boat.  It looked cool, but I have to say that it was the most boring ride ever! 

Ringing the bell on the boat. 

This was on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster ride, and it actually ending up being one of Caden's favorite rides.  Each person gets a gun to shoot at different targets throughout the ride.  We ended up riding this ride 4 times!  I kicked Matt's butt at it too.  My high score was 220k and Matt's was 85k! 

The Finding Nemo Submarine ride was also one of Caden's favorite rides.  I hate the claustrophobic feeling, so I only rode it once.  Matt and Caden rode it a couple of more times though. 

 We got to see fireworks at the park on Sunday night.
 

Outside of the Toad's Wild Ride.  

Riding the Dumbo ride. 

 Caden also loved Toon Town! 
 

Playing the Piano in Goofy's house. 

Driving Goofy's car. (It's a good thing that Goofy already crashed it into the mail box! :))

Driving Donald Duck's boat.  I pretty much had to drag him out of there to give someone else a turn.

Driving the Firetruck.
 
Caden also LOVED to ride the steam train around the park.  It was actually meant to take you from one place to another since it had several stops, but we rode it around without getting off several times.  It was a good place to rest at least.
 
We also stayed to see the Disneyland parade on Wednesday night.  We were originally planning on coming home Wednesday afternoon, but we decided to just stay longer.  That way we wouldn't have to deal with traffic.  It was a long drive home for Matt though.  We didn't get home until 3am.  We really liked the parade though, and Caden got super excited each time that there was a new float. 

I know that he's a boy, but he still liked the princess float too!

No comments: