11 years ago
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Low Carb
So Matt and I decided that we were going on a diet starting January 1st. A good New Years resolution like many other people I'm sure. We started out by counting calories and not eating meat, but that only lasted about 2 weeks. Then we decided to try a low carb diet. I have to admit that I didn't think that I could really do it because I've tried before and never made it past 3 days. What can I say I love sugar and dessert! We decided to give it a shot anyways. I tried to be more creative then just eating meat and salad, so I found some recipes to try online. We actually made it for almost 2 weeks, but then we went on vacation and that was the end of that. We did start the low carb diet up again 11 days ago, and we are still sticking with it. It is pretty hard, but I've found a few things that make it bearable (such as low carb Dreyers chocolate ice cream that I mix with natural (aka no sugar added) peanut butter). We are also being more adventurous with the vegetables that we eat. The picture above is actually mashed cauliflower which is supposed to be a substitute for mashed potatoes. Ok let's be honest here. I don't think that there is really a substitute for mashed potatoes, but these were pretty good. Overall things are going good, and for some reason I don't feel like I can cheat so I don't. We are both down around 20 pounds since January 1st, so I will call that a win! (that includes going on vacation too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! That's awesome!!
Post a Comment